The best new short stories, interviews, craft essays, and more
Subscribe to Oscilloscope Literary Magazine. We offer affordable print, digital, or print/digital subscriptions.
Subscribe to receive freshly squeezed literary fiction (with a healthy dose of the weird) every quarter.
“Seeking the Strangest Tales from Your Favorite Authors…“
Who Should Subscribe?
- Are you a writer? Then subscribe to receive inspiration, to read the latest and greatest literary fiction–fiction that looks forward. We not only offer short fiction fiction, but also interviews with the published authors to discuss the work. Learn how to improve your writing with our craft essay series.
- Are you fan of the surreal or the absurd? Then you’re in the right place. We seek the strangest tales from your favorite authors.
- Do you love interesting, new, and different fiction? We’re putting our budget into finding the voices of the next generation.
- Are you a professional looking for something new and interesting to share with your clients in your waiting room? If so, subscribe and we will deliver.
- Are you looking for a great gift that can be enjoyed by the recipient throughout the year?
What You Get With an Oscilloscope Subscription
- We publish quarterly via print/mail and digital/PDF email.
- We publish two excellent new short stories in each addition along with extensive interviews with the authors. The authors will discuss their craft, the life of a writer, and the meaning of their stories.
- We commission one piece to an emerging or established author and choose the other piece from authors that submitted their work to us.
- We publish literary fiction with an edge; we are not afraid of the absurd, the surreal, or the different: in fact, we seek it out.
- We offer some of the highest payments to selected work to make sure our authors are well compensated and our readers obtain worthwhile works of fiction that will stand the test of time. We know how busy you are and we know we’re competing with streaming devices and hectic lives. We are selective and focused on cultivating quality.
- Unlike many literary magazines, we are not a non-profit, and will need to sustain ourselves based upon the quality of our product and our subscription-base. We seek no grants from the government or educational facilities.
- We will attempt to publish authors from many different backgrounds and many different opinions. We will attempt to be democratic in that approach.
- We believe that the right short story can help change the world. Join us on our journey!